Famous Gingers #3
Many thanks to everyone who has suggested more famous Gingers for us to ponder.
“Our Cilla” – bucked tooth singer and national treasure with a lorra lorra fans still. Gave the world a glimpse of her Liverpudlian upbringing in songs such as “A Professional Scouser I La” and who could forget her 1965 smash “A Shrill Warbling Carrot Top From Liverpool I La”.
TV hasn’t been the same without her.
Some things you didn’t know about Cilla;
- She has the same Genetic make up as the Mersey Ferry
- She was in the Beatles
- She doesn’t like talking about her Liverpudlian upbringing
- Her knees are double jointed
Just one word to describe it. Lovely. Aaaaaah could stare at this image all day. Gingerish delight or what!
Some things you don’t know about the Sunset;
- It never happens in the morning
- Without it we wouldn’t have night time – most of us would be knackered
- Bono claims to have created it
- Charlie Sheen had a fight with it a few weeks ago
Bachman Turner Overdrive
Canadian Ginger Rockers, whose signature tune, “You ain’t seen nothing yet,” is claimed to be a direct attack on Stevie Wonder.
Some things you don’t know about BTO;
- Turner left in 1976 and they became BO which was unfortunate
- Boy George was their lead singer in a failed comeback tour in 2008
- Bachmann makes a lovely seafood risotto
Crooning Kitty from Disney animated classic The Aristocats. Rumoured to have dated Princess Margaret in 1972. Turned down a role in Bed Knobs and Broomsticks on the advice of his spiritual advisor, Richard Nixon.
Some things you didn’t know about O’Malley “The Alley” Cat;
- Loves to trampoline
- Was a close friend of Bob Hope
- Hopes to land the role of Bodie in the movie version of the 70’s crime series The Professionals (although we think he is more suited to the role of Doyle)
- Can speak Latin